Counselling incorporates a wide variety of areas that apply to many different environments and situations. Understanding human behaviour and enabling (or improving) communication are essential in interacting positively with others. This view has been increasingly accepted by businesses and organisations, especially in terms of its contribution in improving productivity.
There are many benefits of applying counselling-based communication skills and tools in the workplace. These include:
1. Enabling a better understanding of why employees behave as they do. This allows identification of those factors that both motivate and inhibit employee behaviour and interaction.
2. Allowing the development and implementation of strategies that align employee work behaviours with organisational goals including effective motivational strategies, cross-training programs, a greater emphasis on teambuilding, and developing trusting and predictable relationships with employees.
3. Improving communication and essential feedback mechanisms that allow employees to communicate with Managers.
4. Earlier identification and addressing of behaviours that are not conducive to workplace productivity and performance such as stress, poor work priority and organisation, and job dissatisfaction.
5. Increase in employee loyalty and job satisfaction as staff perceive they are working within a caring and supportive environment.
6. Higher employee commitment to organisational goals and job performance with less focus upon wages and pay increases.
7. Improved productivity from higher levels of employee job satisfaction, self-esteem and motivation.
8. Earlier identification and resolution of employee grievances.
9. Reduced levels of workplace conflict, downtime, industrial disputes and workplace stress.
10. Increased staff retention and workplace communication.
AIPC Corporate Training offers a short program that teaches key staff the essential skills and knowledge required to achieve these ten outcomes. To find out more, visit AIPC Corporate Training at https://www.aipccorporate.net.au/.