Learn To Be A Qualified Counsellor
With Australia’s Only National Counselling
Dear Counselling Enthusiast,
Have you ever imagined what your life would be like if you had a professional, recognised counselling qualification… and what that qualification would mean for your future?
With your recognised counselling qualification you’ll be ready to take on exciting new job opportunities (increased government funding is creating many new opportunities) or enhance your current role to take advantage of future promotions. Or maybe you’d like to set up your own private counselling practice and experience the many personal and financial rewards that working for yourself provides.
Whatever you’re imagining, it’s all possible with a qualification from the Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC) - the largest, longest established, and most trusted counselling education specialist in the country.
A few reasons why AIPC is the trainer of choice for over 55,000 people:
- Accredited by Australian Counselling Association – so you can practice as a Registered Counsellor.
- Australia's largest & longest established Counsellor education specialist (over 20-years).
- Largest team of counselling educators in the country.
- Learn externally, online or with face-to-face classes.
- Self paced and start at any time, so you can fit learning around your life.
- Competitive fees, monthly payment plan and no ongoing fees or penalties.
- Flexible and supported training with high quality learning materials.
Like so many of our graduates, you will be able to create lasting change and have a major positive influence on the wellbeing of people in your community
By working with major welfare, support or government agencies in areas such as child protection, youth counselling, family welfare, Court Support, Telephone Counselling, Corrective Services, career guidance and much more.
Or you can establish your own Private Practice which will give you the freedom and flexibility to set your own hours and fees and enjoy the many exciting benefits of owning your own business…
There Has Never Been A Better Time For You To Gain A Counselling Qualification Because The Demand For Counsellors Has Never Been Higher
An Australian Bureau of Statistics Labour Force Survey in February 2010 highlighted that over the last few years the counselling profession has grown at a rate of 28.1%, outgrowing All other Occupations by more than 200%.
The Health Care and Social Assistance Industry underpins the national economy and workforce. It is the largest industry group in Australia. Over the last 5 years it has experienced the largest employment growth of any industry and has the fastest industry growth rate predicted in next 5 years (DEEWR 2010).
Graph 3 – Main employing industries
Take At Look At These Staggering Statistics...
The demand for Counsellors has never been higher. Look at these highlights from the Australia Bureau of Statistics Labour Force Survey:
- The Counselling profession had grown at a rate of 28.1% in the 2 preceding years.
- In the last 12 months alone Counsellor employment has grown by an immense 30.36% (based on Federal Government Job Statistics)
- The Counselling profession outgrew all other Occupations by more than 200%.
- The Health Care and Social Assistance Industry employs almost 1.2 million workers or 10.9% of the workforce.
- The Health Care and Social Assistance Industry has been the Fastest Growing Industry since 2005.
- For the last 5 years the Health Care and Social Assistance Industry has been identified as requiring the fastest rate of workforce growth in the next five years.
- This industry sector has the fastest growth rate predicted for the next 5 years.
- Over 24% of all new workforce growth will be from community services and health to 2015, growing at a rate of 3.3% per year or 211,500 jobs.
The changing world in which we live today has driven this demand. Qualified Counsellors are needed in our communities more desperately than ever before.
This is your time to make a difference in this high demand profession.
Please take a moment to discover how you can develop the skills and confidence to pursue your passion of becoming an accredited Counsellor.
Imagine Being Passionate About Your Work
And Assisting People Every Day Lead Better Lives
It’s rare these days to hear people talk about their work with true passion. You hear so many stories of people working to pay the bills; putting up with imperfect situations; and compromising on their true desires.
That’s why it’s always so refreshing to hear regular stories from graduates living their dream to be a Counsellor. They’re always so full of energy, enthusiasm and passion. There’s no doubt that counselling is one of the most personally rewarding and enriching professions.
Just imagine someone comes to you for assistance. They’re emotionally paralysed by events in their life. They can’t even see a future for themselves. They can only focus on their pain and grief. The despair is so acute it pervades their entire life. Their relationship is breaking down and heading towards a divorce. They can’t focus on work and are getting in trouble with their boss. They feel they should be able to handle their problems alone, but know they can’t. It makes them feel helpless, worthless. Their self esteem has never been lower. They’re caught in a cycle of destruction and pain.
Now imagine you have the knowledge and skills to help this person overcome their challenges. You assist to relieve their intense emotional pain. You give them hope for the future. You assist to rebuild their self esteem and lead a satisfying, empowered life.
As a Counsellor you can experience these personal victories every day. And it’s truly enriching. There is nothing more fulfilling than helping another person overcome seemingly impossible obstacles.
Learn About Yourself As You Help Others
Life can be challenging at times. We’re forced to confront issues we’re not prepared for. Unfortunately, we’re not born into this world with a user manual. We’re required to go through life doing the best we can. Sure we have friends and family to help us, but they’re also just doing the best they can.
A wonderful benefit of becoming a Counsellor is the self-learning. Becoming a Counsellor is an enjoyable journey of self discovery. Counselling is a science of personal effectiveness. An understanding of counselling principles provides you with a clear understanding of yourself, as well as those around you.
As a Counsellor you’ll understand why you feel, think and behave as you do. And you’ll be able to implement strategies in your own life so that you’re happier, healthier, and more able to face life’s challenges.
Learning That Fits Around Your Lifestyle
Today there are more and more demands on your time. Gaining a qualification can be difficult when you have to fit it around other commitments.
Most course providers still design their courses using traditional methods. That was fine 10 years ago when most students studied full time. Today we don’t have that luxury. You need to fit competing career, family and lifestyle needs into the same hours.
That’s why the Institute focuses on external, flexible training. Our learning methods have evolved with the times. Our training methods set a precedent in flexibility and support. This means you can fit your learning around your lifestyle whilst maintaining exceptional levels of quality and support.
Institute courses are designed to maximise your learning from home. You can progress at your own pace, and assessment is progressive.
The specialised course material and extensive support provide you with all the expert support and advice you need. Because you are in total control of your study time, you can complete your course several times faster than by other means.
AIPC Is Determined To Make Counselling An Attainable Career For You, Just Like Over 55,000 Other
Students In The Past 19 Years
We have helped over 55,000 people from 27 countries pursue their dream of assisting others with a recognised Counselling qualification.
It’s been a wonderful journey over the last 19 years (the Institute was first established in 1990). And it’s been a pleasure to assist so many people realise their counselling aspirations in that time.
Why are so many people delighted with their studies? Our research over the years highlights three keys points…
- Our courses and personnel have just ONE specific focus… Excellence in Counselling Education. We live and breathe counselling education! Nothing else gets in the way.
- Exceptional value in your education investment. Our courses are always (always) much less than other providers that deliver counselling education. Our unique focus on counselling education, the large number of students undertaking our programs, and the creative way we deliver our courses provide us with cost savings that we pass on to you. Providing exceptional value in counselling education has been a cornerstone mission of the Institute from the very day we began some 19-years ago.
- The flexibility to study where, when and how you want to. You can study Externally, In-Class, On-Line or any combination. And you can undertake your studies at a pace that suits you... 12 to 18 months or over 2, 3 even 4 years or more. You decide because you are in charge.
We understand that no two people have the same circumstances. You no doubt have issues affecting your life that are unique to you and affect the speed and manner you’d like to study. You may be working full or part-time, undertaking other studies, or may not have studied for a long time. Let’s face it, life is not predictable and in today’s fast paced society it’s important that your education is flexible enough to fit in with your other obligations.
AIPC provides you with flexible course delivery modes
so YOU set the rules for how and when you learn
AIPC’s accredited and nationally recognised Diploma of Counselling is designed so that you determine the manner and pace you study. You study entirely at your own pace (except of course if you’re receiving a government benefit such as Austudy) and you can start at any time, graduating in only 18-months.
Not only can you set the pace you study, you also determine the mode you want to study. You can study Externally (at home with phone and email access to our counselling tutors), In-Class, Online or any combination… all the time fully supported by our huge national team throughout our 8 Student Support Centres.
- External learning means you can complete your entire course from the comfort of your home (or office, or overseas, or virtually anywhere!). Your course comes complete with fully self-contained, referenced and professionally presented learning materials including 18 individual workbooks and readings. It really is as simple as working through the material and contacting us for support along the way. If you live locally to one of our support centres you can also attend tutorials to provide you with face to face contact if you wish. (This option is ideal if you enjoy working more independently or have a busy schedule).
- In-Class learning is a classroom forum where you learn with other students from a qualified lecturer. Classes are available in most main cities, at flexible times. In-Class is a great way for you to accelerate your learning, interact with other students and stay highly motivated. (This option is particularly suitable if you enjoy learning in the classroom environment with other students).
- Online learning allows you to complete your learning entirely via your PC. You still receive all the high quality hardcopy resources (so you don’t miss out on anything!), but you’ll access all your learning materials and complete assessments online.
- Any Combination. Of course you don’t have to stick with one learning method throughout your studies. You’re welcome to use whichever method suits your needs and desires at the time. You may choose to complete one workbook In-Class, another Online, then Externally. Whatever is most convenient!
We’ve invested literally hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last 19 years refining and developing our industry leading course materials and resources in close consultation with many of the industries most highly respected professionals…
…All to DRAMATICALLY improve your comprehension and learning speed so that achieving your qualifications is something you’ll gain immense joy and satisfaction from
No other training organisation provides its students with such high quality, user friendly and well researched learning resources. All the learning material you require to complete your studies is provided to you. You don’t have to purchase any other textbooks or search for other resources.
Our dedicated Course Development Team have worked tirelessly to cleverly design your course resources. They are entirely self-contained so you can progress seamlessly through the Diploma.
Your course includes 18 Workbooks that contain all the activities that’ll assist you master your skills as a professional counsellor. Each workbook as been specifically designed to maximise your learning and assist you develop your skills at your own pace.
Your Books of Readings contain all the underpinning theories and information necessary to build your knowledge. The Readings contain the teachings and methodology used by 56 of the world's leading and most respected counsellors and psychologists.
Video Lectures To Enhance Your Learning
As part of your course material you receive access to a full suite of video lectures. The video lectures step you through each unit of the Diploma. They cover the underlying unit theory and key concepts, and then demonstrate those concepts in a simulated counselling environment. They're just like being in a lecture, only better because you can watch them when it suits you.
State Of The Art Online Learning System
When you progress through the course you're sent all the physical learning materials. You also get access to our state of the art online learning portal. The online portal gives you access to electronic versions of all the course materials. You can also submit your assignments online, access additional research material and get education support through our Knowledge Base or Tutors. It's a fantastic resource to enhance your learning experience; and it's especially handy for those times when you're travelling and don't want to carry workbooks.
You’ll graduate with a qualification that is of the HIGHEST standard of any accredited Diploma in Counselling available in Australia today
AIPC’s Diploma of Counselling is a qualification that’s extremely well regarded in counselling circles across the country. Our graduates are highly sought after and earn the respect of their peers for their skills and problem solving abilities.
The Diploma is a Nationally Recognised Training Program under the Australian Qualifications Framework (the standards which all accredited qualifications are required to comply with). Upon graduation you’ll be qualified to immediately register with Australia’s leading member Association (Australian Counselling Association) as a registered and qualified counsellor.
The 18 Workbook course has been painstakingly developed and refined over 19 years in close consultation with industry leading professionals and employers of counsellors. Together with completing written workbooks, you also complete 11 practical days. This is where you’ll demonstrate your skills and apply what you’ve learnt in ‘real life’ counselling scenarios. You’ll find the experience extremely empowering and rewarding. Of course, if you’re studying externally and can’t physically attend the practical days there are several alternate means to learn and apply these skills.
Here is the course outline of the Diploma of Counselling: -
Click on the Subject Title for more information.
As well as the accredited Diploma, you can specialise in 8 popular areas of counselling by undertaking Advanced Study Majors. Advanced Study Majors include: -
Each major has been developed to provide you with a greater depth of skill and understanding in a particular field of counselling. The Advanced Study Majors will enhance your specialised skills, broaden your knowledge and accelerate your career development.
The Diploma Of Counselling Is An Industry Recognised Qualification, Allowing You To Practice As A Qualified Counsellor
The Nationally Recognised Training Program Diploma of Counselling is recognised by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA), Australia's largest Member Association for Counsellors.
As part of its charter, ACA recognises courses that meet its training standards. These standards cover a broad range of areas, including core educational competencies, staffing and specific course criteria, as well as ensuring AIPC as a training body maintains an exceptionally high professional standard.
When you graduate, you are automatically eligible to become a Qualified Member of the Australian Counselling Association. You will be able to obtain professional indemnity insurance (preferred rates), and your qualification and Membership will be accepted and regarded in the industry.
Many opportunities exist for qualified counsellors in an Industry that has grown by over 573% in the last 12 years. Today there are 15,600 more registered counsellors working in Australia than in 1997 and the industry is tipped to grow at a rate of 127% over the next 5 years. Now is the ideal time for you to secure your future and take advantage of the increased awareness and popularity of counselling
Australia’s largest, most highly qualified and dedicated team of Counselling and education professionals are by your side to help you develop your skills, to coach you and assist you achieve your aspirations
Simply put, AIPC sets the benchmark in education support. Even if you decide to study entirely at home or online, you’ll never be alone in your studies. We have specialised in external education for over 19 years and have the most highly qualified, professional support team in the industry. Help is only ever a phone call or email away. Our enormous pool of educational resources means you have access to:
- An Education team of over 65 degree qualified counselling professionals, all with extensive industry experience and teaching and assessing qualifications.
- You’ll have access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to the online Knowledge Base that contains over 4,000 specific questions and answers relating to your course.
- You’ll have unlimited FREE access 9am to 5pm (EST) to the 1300 Study Assistance Line where you can discuss any study questions you may have with qualified team members.
- You’ll have unlimited email support. Send a question any time and have your enquiry replied to within 24 hours.
- And you’ll have the support of your local Student Support Centre who will link you into a local student support network (if you wish to stay in touch with other students); help you prepare for your practical assessments; co-ordinate your In-Class or tutorial activities; and set you up in a number of volunteer opportunities if you wish to practice your skills in the field.
In a recent survey of several thousand students (Yes, we regularly ask students and graduates how we are performing so we can continually improve our level of service!), 86% of responders indicated that our level of student support was “Beyond their expectation.”
You’ll Be Supported By The Largest, Most Highly Qualified Team Of Professionals In The Country
The Institute is the largest and longest established trainer of Counsellors in Australia. The Institute was Australia’s first, and still is the only exclusive, national provider of Counsellor education. Our focus is the same today as it has always been – to provide you with the highest quality Counsellor education with a full range of student and graduate support functions.
We have a dedicated team of over 80 psychologists, Counsellors, curriculum writers, educators and industry representatives, whose sole purpose is to ensure our courses are of the highest educational value. This is the largest team of counselling academics in the country, larger than ALL universities in the country combined.
Your Most Cost Effective Path To A Recognised Counselling Qualification
Considering everything you've read about our nationally recognised training program, the support systems and our personnel, you may find it difficult to understand how it's also the most competitively priced course of its kind in the country.
If you're comparing other education opportunities you'll very quickly find that AIPC's Diploma of Counselling is the most competitively priced qualification of its kind in Australia. That's because as the largest training provider in the country we've been able to build in volume efficiencies. We pass these savings back to you, without compromising on quality.
Achieve your aspirations in counselling for only 20% to 50% of the investment of other providers…
That’s right! Other counselling training providers charge 2 to 5 times more for their programs because they don’t have the volume cost efficiencies. (And in most instances can’t provide you with anywhere near the same level of support!).
And you can receive even greater savings by making your investment upfront (we pass our administration cost savings back to you), or take advantage of regular monthly payments over 21 or 24 months.
|Course*||Reduced Upfront Payment Option||Reduced Monthly Credit Card Option||Monthly Cheque or Money Order Option|
|Diploma of Counselling||$2950||$169 x 21 mths||$184 x 21 mths|
+1 Advanced Study Major
(+ 1 Free ASM)
|$3645||$182 x 24 mths||$197 x 24 mths|
+2 Advanced Study Majors
(+ 2 Free ASM)
|$4340||$217 x 24 mths||$233 x 24 mths|
+3 Advanced Study Majors
(+ 3 Free ASM)
|$5035||$252 x 24 mths||$267 x 24 mths|
+4 Advanced Study Majors
(+ 4 Free ASM)
|$5730||$287 x 24 mths||$302 x 24 mths|
* Investment indicated for Advanced Study Majors includes GST.
And it’s an investment that’s easy to make with our unique “Guarantee of Education Excellence”
We’ve been at the forefront of the counselling industry for over 19-years! We now that we have the highest quality, most applicable and practical course available – with the best support services. So, if for any reason whatsoever you decide you do not want to proceed with your course within 30-days, we will give you a 100% no questions asked money back guarantee! It’s a guarantee no other provider can match, and totally relieves you of any risk!
A special BONUS OFFER to encourage you to pursue your counselling aspirations NOW…
When you enrol online TODAY, you will receive a FREE Advanced Study Major for every Advanced Study Major you include with your enrolment!
- Enrol in one Advanced Study Major and we'll give you one for free - save up to $768!
- Enrol in two Advanced Study Majors and we'll give you two for free - save up to $1488!
- Enrol in three Advanced Study Majors and we'll give you three for free - save up to $2280!
- Enrol in four Advanced Study Majors and we'll give you four for free - save up to $3000!
What great value!
ACT NOW and start pursuing your dream of becoming a qualified Professional Counsellor. Simply fill out the enrolment form and you’ll be underway in the next 72 hours. Your first step begins HERE.
Chief Executive Officer,
Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors.
*The practical course elements can be completed by attending practical seminar topics (five 1 day and three 2 day seminars). Each day is just $80. If you are unable to attend the seminars in person these practical components can be completed by demonstrating your skills on DVD/Video (cost as per attendance), or having a private assessor assess your skills ($10, plus assessor fee).
You'll regularly receive powerful strategies for personal development, tips to improve the growth of your counselling practice, the latest industry news, and much more.
We'll keep your information private and never sell, rent, trade, or share it with any other organisation! And you can cancel anytime.
For a very limited time only, you will also receive 3 complimentary Life Effectiveness Guides valued at $89.95
- Coping with Stress in Everyday Life
- Coping with Relationship Breakdown
- Coping with Transitions in Life